1. Carrying out the cyberspace affairs development strategy, macro planning and major policy assigned by the General Office of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, and the General Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, and organizing the cyberspace affairs work of CAS according to the relevant national deployment.
2. Researching the formulating of the cyberspace affairs strategies, development plans and major policies of CAS.
3. Examining the cyberspace affairs work plans and important projects deployment, to make decisions on major issues, and to coordinate the working relationship in all aspects.
4. Performing the function of the leading group of software legalization of CAS，and commissioning responsible for coordinating the software legalization work, also, researching and formulating the relevant regulations and measures of the standardization work.
5. Undertaking other tasks assigned by the party committee of CAS.